Riihimäki Public Library in English
Welcome to the library!
You can register for our services on your first visit if you have an official ID card with you. You get the Library Card immediately and it is valid in all RATAMO Libraries.
RATAMO Libraries include the Libraries of Riihimäki, Hausjärvi, Hyvinkää, Loppi and Nurmijärvi districts.
Opening hours September 1st – Mai 31st
Monday-Friday: 9.00 – 19.00 (9.00 – 11.00 self service)
Saturday: 9.00 – 15.00 (9.00 – 10.00 self service)
The day before a Public holiday: 9.00 – 15.00 (9.00 – 10.00 self service)
Opening hours June 1st – August 31st
Monday-Wednesday: 9.00 – 19.00
Thursday-Friday: 9.00 – 17.00 (Monday-Friday 9.00 -11.00 self service)
Saturday, Sunday: Closed
The day before a Public holiday Closed
• you can return and take out material using the automats
• you can ask the personnel for reserved items
Normal services start at 11 o’clock
PressReader is available for patrons in Riihimäki Public Library. The service has more than 7 000 newpapers and magazines from 120 countries in 60 languages.
The papers are e-versions of the printed papers and are generally available for 365 days counting from the day of publication. You can access the service via a computer, a tablet or a SmartPhone. You can also download your favourite publications onto your own device and keep them for later reading.
Hot to connect:
1. When visiting the library, connect to the library’s WiFi network (RMK Kirjasto avoin).
2. If you’re using a tablet or smartphone, download the free PressReader app from the app store.
3. Launch the PressReader app. You should see a welcome screen indicating that you’ve connected to a PressReader HotSpot.
4. If you’re using a laptop, visit www.pressreader.com and you’ll have instant access.
5. If you open PressReader on the library’s Wi-Fi, you will have access to whole PressReader content anywhere for 72 hours via your own Internet connection.
Information about Finnish libraries.
Free reference service of the Finnish libraries.